Provide accounting assistance for a variety of programs that require
attention to detail and accuracy within the Finance Department.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and process Travel Authorization forms and prepare per
diems for all tribal government travel within procurement and travel
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements; journalize
transactions, research missing invoices and receipts.
- Maintain company credit cards records
- Ensure accounting transactions (credit cards, travel request)
are coded accurately and processed/posted timely.
- Assist payroll specialist to process bi-weekly payroll for
Tribal Government as needed.
- Assist with journal entries relating to payroll and time and
effort reports; ensure coding is correct.
- Ensure confidentiality with payroll and accounts payable
- Ensure payroll and accounts payable related activities are in
compliance with tribal codes and policies and federal law and codes.
- Assist with processing check requests via weekly AP check run
and urgent check requests as needed.
- Ensure issuance of PO’s are in compliance with tribal
government codes and procurement policy.
- Responsible for processing PO and check request for the
.Maintain appearance standards as outlined in
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members and the general
public in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as directed by management.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY & RESTRICTIONS
- No supervisory authority.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle, feel or
operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Must be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds
- 40 hours per week.
- Generally Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with possible
occasional evening and weekend work.
Tribal Administrative Office
1245 Fulton Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420