Responsible for operating and maintaining the Tribal membrane
activated sludge wastewater treatment plant, lift stations, and
potable water system located in Florence, Oregon.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance in the evaluation of other wastewater plant
and water system personnel including but not limited to
providing assurance of accuracy of time and attendance reporting
and assisting in the training, coaching and monitoring of system personnel.
- Keep Tribal Supervisor and Three Rivers Casino and Hotel
Facilities Director informed regarding water and wastewater
treatment systems operability and performance.
- Propose modifications in operations, consultant and other
purveyor relationships; maintain positive working relationships
with IHS, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Assure the thoroughness of all testing and reporting for both
water and wastewater treatment systems which includes but is not
limited to providing assurance for the monitoring of the
condition and functionality of the water and wastewater
- Provide for laboratory analysis of potable water and
wastewater samples to ensure regulatory standards.
- Record daily flows of untreated and treated wastewater &
portable water consumption.
- Maintain pump house operation which includes but is not
limited to periodic checking of the chlorine analyzer, the brine
tank and all circulation pumps, weekly starting and running of
the fire pump and other routine maintenance to keep pump house
- Collect, test, and record weekly samples of untreated and
- Collect and submit monthly samples of treated wastewater to
outside laboratory to verify compliance with regulatory standards.
- Inspect and perform preventative maintenance for the
wastewater and water systems.
- Inspect, maintain, and test emergency back-up power generators.
- Order supplies, parts, and equipment as needed for maintaining
wastewater treatment plant and operations.
- Cross-train relief personnel for safe operations and
maintenance of the wastewater and water systems.
- Attend Safety Committee meetings.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in CTCLUSI policies.
- Must be able to interact with Tribal members and the general
public in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as directed by management.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, stand for extended
periods of time, bend, stoop, and climb stairs.
- Ability to move up to 75 pounds (manhole lids, pumps, etc.).
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY & RESTRICTIONS
- Supervise Waste Water Plant & Water Systems Operator
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to work safely in a variety of environments (outdoors
in different weather and terrain conditions and indoors with
allergenic and chemical irritants).